Profhilo is one of Singapore’s newest injectables for treating wrinkles and sagging skin. It is the first “injectable skincare” to target skin laxity by stimulating the creation of elastin, collagen, and adipocytes (fats) stem cells. It is also known as 逆時針.
This anti-ageing injection offers one of the highest hyaluronic acid concentrations on the market, comprising 5 times more than Skinboosters. Profhilo has the following advantages:
- Increased collagen and elastin synthesis of four kinds
- A firmer, tighter, and lifted skin
- Restores tissue and scarring
- A radiant, plumper complexion
The secret recipe of the Profhilo is the two forms of hyaluronic acid in the formula. The combination of H-HA and L-HA allows hyaluronic acid to release slowly and with longer-lasting benefits.
How does Profhilo function?
The amount of collagen and elastin generated keeps our skin supple. Higher collagen levels result in tighter skin texture and fewer wrinkles.
Due to the ageing process, our bodies create less collagen and elastin. As a result, hyaluronic acid synthesis declines, causing our skin to droop and show more visible fine wrinkles.
Profhilo Singapore can encourage the creation of four distinct types of collagen and elastin to heal the damage caused by ageing. It contains the greatest concentration of molecular weight hyaluronic acid (32mg/ml), supplying the moisture your skin craves.
This treatment is excellent for people over the age of 30 who have droopy, ageing skin. This is because it can keep skin from shrinking and growing thinner.
Common Injection Sites
- Lower face. Collagen production declines in your 30s, causing additional wrinkles to emerge. As you enter your 40s, you will see visible signs of ageing. Skin drooping occurs when our skin is unable to retain hyaluronic acid. In this case, Profhilo can activate 4 distinct types of collagen and elastin to heal ageing effects. Overall, the face will lift and tighten, and there will be an increase in hydration.
- With age, the loss of collagen and elastin causes fine lines to become more visible. This results in a drooping neck and the emergence of a double chin. With Profhilo, it can promote the bio-stimulation of 4 distinct types of collagen and elastin to restore a more youthful appearance. The outcome is total neck lifting, tightness, and a significant increase in hydration.
- Hands and arms are frequently ignored, and without a strict sunscreen and hand care regimen, the skin on our hands and arms will inevitably wrinkle and sag. This injectable therapy is beneficial for wrinkled hands and saggy arms. The treatment session will provide the moisture your skin craves with an effective concentration of hyaluronic acid.
Side Effects of Profhilo
Profhilo is a relatively low-risk medication with few to no unfavourable effects. It is biocompatible, biodegradable, and made entirely of hyaluronic acid with no additional chemical additives.
Although rare, there are always hazards involved with injectable treatments, such as Vascular occlusion. Regardless of the low risk, patients should always get treatment and consultation from a reputable centre.
Rejuran vs. Profhilo
Profhilo is frequently compared to the Rejuran, which is another similar injectible. So, it is essential to differentiate between them.
Profhilo can trigger collagen and elastin formation at a deeper level. On the other hand, Rejuran reduces the appearance of pores and fine wrinkles by activating collagen in the dermis’s superficial layer.
However, Profhilo has a high concentration of hyaluronic acid, which is an effective therapy for skin hydration. The Rejuran does not.
In terms of treatment experience, Profhilo requires 10 injection sites, whereas Rejuran requires full-face therapy. As a result, there will be less bruising, less downtime and less recovery time.
The only disadvantage of Profhilo is that its injection technique is focused on the bottom half of the face, leaving the portions above the cheek untreated.
To that end, you can use both injectables for a complete anti-ageing experience.